This is my first crack at the Fenway by Orange Lingerie.
I made it for me in a straight 36D. Only just now, writing this, I have realised that I made the wrong size for me which explains why it didn’t fit…… my size has dropped drastically in the last year from a 36E which it has been for many years to a 34D. I still can’t get used to it.
It was fiddly with the delicate sheers and I really don’t know if I love fold over elastic as much as everybody else out there does. I followed the instructions very carefully and avoided stretching the elastic. However the finished bra really gaped under the arms. Given the delicacy of the fabric, my only option was to cut off the elastic in this location and try again. So my first Fenway bra is 1/4 inch reduced in coverage on the sides and under the arms. But it looks much better now. I stretched the FOE along the top of the backband (I never normally do this over powernet), the side band and half way up the upper cup outer edge.
The lining is my usual 20% Dernier tricot in black from GJs and the black mesh from Booby Traps. I purchased the size tags from Booby traps also. With all the different sizes I am making for myself and the girls, it is helping us keep track of whose is whose…..however, in my error have put the wrong label on this bra. This should be a 14D.
Luckily it fits my No.1 daughter perfectly and looks SO gorgeous on. It’s so delicate and very sexy. I’ve promised her some matching briefs to complete the set. The girls are doing very well out of all my bra trials. I’m yet to have a bra for myself…..
My sizing mistake also explains why the band is too large for both of us. Luckily it is ok on the tightest hook for her.
All elastics and hardware from Booby Traps. Such a pretty pattern.