A new red set.
I purchased a 1m length of SIREN RED 25cm stretch elastic from Booby traps back in August last year. I wanted to make an all lace set and considered buying the Berkeley Bra pattern from Orange Lingerie. But in the end I went with my tried ‘n’ true Malborough pattern .
When held up to the light, the 20% navy blue dernier tricot lining from GJ Fabrics is more evident and really pretty.
I also made the Ohhh Lulu Gia Thong to match and between the two, used up every scrap of the lace.
front: lined with a single piece of the navy Tricot, the front piece of lace is joined with a vertical seam down the middle to use up the last of the lace.
The band of the bra, crotch and back of the undies is a a red satin powernet from Booby Traps.
All other notions, hardware & elastics from Booby Traps
I forgot to put my size tag in until i was sewing on the hooks and so it went in upside down…… I always have trouble with this last step – my needle always skips whether I use a stretch needle or a standard. The only way i have got around this in the past is by sewing with an invisible thread in the top spool – which i haven’t done here…. Here you can see the skipped stitches.
Ohhh Lulu Gia Thong in a medium 37″-38″ hip with seam allowance added for elastic instead of FOE
Malborough Bra size 34D